Saturday, September 10, 2011

Fall 2011 Trends

I've been looking at some Fall 2011 trends and trying to pair my closet shopping outfits accordingly. I'm not the world's trendiest person, but I am in the image industry, so I do like to know what's on the up and up. Here's what I've found...

Patterns - patterns are in this season! You can even mix patterns, which sort of scares me, but where I can I'll give it a try. =D Florals and geometrics seems to be the predominant patterns, and animal prints are in as well.

Bold Colors - while colors tend to go a little more drab in the fall and winter, this year color is in! Jewel tones are especially hot, so you can use them paired with some of the more monochromatic pieces in your wardrobe to extend the trendiness of what you already have!

Texture - this fall is all about texture, and mixing textures. Wool and satin, thick and thin, chunky and soft. Feel free to mix your summer and winter pieces for a layered look that is in!

Feathers - we've seen the feather trend this summer with hair accessories and extensions. Feathers extend to clothing as well this fall. It's a trend that's a little tricky to follow with what you've already got, but some key accessory pieces can make it work.

I'm sure there are many, many more trends, especially when you start to consider jewelry and accessories and shoes, but these are the main ones I've seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment